We're delighted to be back in the gym after lockdown! Rest assured, we've performed a full safety assessment and are observing the latest guidelines at our classes.
Before your child returns to their gymnastics sessions, there are some differences that you need to be aware of:
1. Each building will have different policies in place, which could include screening prior to entering the building. This may involve a temperature check and explaining the new rules before starting the class.
2. Timetables will have been carefully planned to manage post class cleaning, so it is important that you are on time for arrival and collection of your child.
3. One way systems may be in place, so we will send out information to ensure that you and your child are aware of any changes to entry and exits. Your child will need to enter the building without a parent to reduce the amount of people gathering inside the venue and ensure social distancing guidance is adhered to. You may need to collect your child from a different exit point, so we will inform you where the meeting points are before your class.
4. Policies on viewing gymnastics sessions have changed due to capacity restrictions and to ensure social distancing guidelines. For the time being, you cannot remain in the facility or view your child’s sessions. We hope that at the end of term we’ll be able to put on a display and find a way to relay this live online to parents.
5. Changing rooms are not in use, so it is important that your child arrives dressed ready for their session, ensuring that long hair is tied up and the facility’s jewellery policy is followed as coaches will not be able to assist with this. Space for clothing and bags is highly restricted, so it is a good idea to send your child in with as little as possible to their session.
6. Your child may be required to bring a small named hand sanitiser and bottle of water. Provide your child with a single kit bag to keep all their belongings safe and in one place.
7. To allow for social distancing, our class sizes will be smaller. This is good news as it means there will be a higher staff to child ratio, giving each child more of the teacher's attention. With limited spaces, make sure to book your course well in advance as we do get booked up.
Thanks for your understanding. We're sure it will all become second nature before too long!